How To Book Delta Flight Tickets For Pregnant Ladies?
Under special circumstances like medical emergencies, pregnancies Delta Airlines takes utmost care and safety precautions to make sure you reach your journey on time and comfortably. Generally Delta Airlines does not impose any restrictions if you are traveling with a pregnant passenger. You may not show any medical certificate to travel with Delta Airlines. However if you are on the eighth or ninth month of your pregnancy Delta advises to get a proper health check up and see if they are eligible for travel. Find here some general information if you are travelling with a pregnant mother and what are the travel requirements.
Delta Airlines Pregnancy Travel Policy
- Normally the same travel policy applies for expectant mothers while booking flight ticket or availing other services with Delta airlines.
- Generally Delta Airlines does not impose any restrictions if you are traveling with a pregnant passenger. You may not show any medical certificate to travel with Delta Airlines.
- The Airlines does not require any medical certificate/ document to be submitted if they are expectant mothers.
- However if the expectant mother is on the eighth or ninth month of your pregnancy Delta advises to get a proper health check up and see if they are eligible for travel.
- Delta Airlines allow expectant mothers to fly up to 27 weeks of pregnancy without any travel restrictions on board.
- Expectant mothers are allowed to travel up to 35 weeks if they are free from any health issues and consent has been given by the doctor to travel.
- Delta advises to avoid travelling if they are due within two to three weeks.
If a pregnant woman is confused during her trip on board then they can opt for the following services:
- According to Delta Airlines travel policy the pregnant passenger are required to use the seat belt by requesting for an extended seatbelt.
- Passengers can also request for a seat with extra legroom before hand by visiting Delta Airlines official site or through the Fly Delta App
How To Book Flight Tickets For Expectant Mothers?
- You can navigate Delta.com from your web browser or simply download Fly Delta App
- Or another option is to call the Delta Airlines representatives directly at +1-800-221-1212
- When you connect with a live agent you can ask them to arrange for medical assistance if the need arises during your journey with Delta Airlines.
- The expectant passenger must book the aisle seats so that the passenger can move easily on board.
- While booking your flight tickets with Delta Airlines you can fill out the special assistance form if the expectant mother need any extra assistance during the journey.
- You need to contact Delta Airlines customer care in advance if you feel the need of being assisted or the need to travel with your doctor if you expect any medical complications on board. See if the airline permits you to travel with your doctor and you can book your seats accordingly.
Important Points To Keep in Mind While Travelling With Delta Airlines
- The pregnant mother is advised to avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and opt to wear more loose and comfortable outfits which would allow them to move comfortably during their journey.
- Keep themselves hydrated and feed themselves with healthy food before and during the journey
- Avoid consuming any gas producing drinks and meals before your journey.
- If the pregnant passenger is undertaking a long journey, the passenger is expected to walk a little bit to avoid cramps during the flight.
- The pregnant passenger should not hesitate and seek help immediately of she feels any kind of discomfort or uneasiness during the journey
- If you are having issues booking flight ticket for a pregnant passenger or need more information about Delta Airlines travel policy you can call Delta Airlines reservation number anytime +1-800-221-1212.
Does Delta Airlines Require a Travel Document For a Pregnant Passenger Travelling on Delta Flights?
Delta Airlines has not made it mandatory for an expectant mother to present a travel document, they can travel without presenting any travel document risk free. However they need to carry the following documents for emergency purposes especially if they are travelling internationally:
- Government issued Photo ID – You can carry with you a valid passport, government issued ID to show at the checkpoint or a driver’s license to verify her identity.
- International travel documents- these might include visa, a valid passport, other travel documents that may be required in another country.
- Consent from the healthcare provider/ doctor- If the pregnant passenger have reached 28 weeks or above they need to present with a letter of consent to travel from an approved health care provider/ doctor to avoid any complications on board. The letter should specify clearly about the confirmation, expected due date and other medical requirements by the expectant passenger.
Travel Tips For Pregnant Passenger For Long Haul Flights and Have The Best Journey Possible:
- Upgrade your seats- Upgrading necessarily does not mean you have tens of thousands of extra dollars hanging on that you can use on a first class flight. It could mean economy class plus economy does not cost nearly as much as a business or first class. But it does give you extra legroom, sometimes it gives you extra recline on your chair.
- Pay Extra to get an aisle seat-Getting the aisle seat will provide you ample opportunities to move and stretch whenever you have cramps on long haul flights.
- Head to the airport a bit earlier-Give yourself a bit of extra time then you usually would to check in and go through security. The last thing you want to feel like you are in a rush, you want to feel as relaxed as possible and make the experiences as pleasant as possible.
- Ask for an opt out at the security check point-Through security at the airport you can chose to opt out which means you don’t have to go through the metal detector or the x-ray machine.
- Join the priority boarding line- If you are pregnant and travelling then you are a priority so you go to the front of the line.
- Pack lots of snack- Do pack lots of snack, it is very necessary if you have a specific food habits. If you have a dietary restriction then its worth carrying your own food according to your requirements.
- Pack as light as possible-Pack as light as possible because the last thing you want to do is carry on a heavy bag or heavy suitcase.
- Pack pre-natals- Be sure to carry your vitamins in your bag especially if you are taking a long flight.
- Tell the flight attendant that you are pregnant- Tell the flight attendant that you are pregnant so that they can give you extra care and attention for your requirements.
- Wear compression socks-These are special socks, you can wear them anytime especially when you are pregnant your blood cloths, wearing compression socks keeps your circulation flowing which is very important and also help prevent blood cloth.
- Wear loose clothing- Wear loose clothing to travel more comfortably.
- Get up and exercise- Every hour or two try stretching your legs and hands to prevent cramps.
- Stay hydrated-Keep yourself hydrated, drink a good amount of water and avoid drinking high caffeine drinks, coke, and anything that is extra sugary.
- Make sure you can fly- Since every pregnancy is different, you can talk to your doctor or your midwife ahead of time and tell them you have travel plans and see what advise they have to give you. Also check with the airlines and you can fly because a lot of airlines don’t let you fly if you have reached 36 weeks.
Will Delta Airlines Offer Any Medical Assistance?
Yes, Delta Does offer assistance to pregnant woman, they can request for a wheelchair if they need walking assistance within the airport till the boarding gate. Delta Airlines has well trained and certified professionals who can help you with your medical emergencies on board if the need arises. Check whether there are medical facilities on board with Delta flights, you can Delta Airlines reservations today at +1-800-221-1212 to get more information.
If you love to travel, you want to know how to know how to travel easier, cheaper more efficiently then you need to call Delta Airlines reservation number today to book the cheapest flight ticket.