Air Canada has a name change policy that allows passengers to change their names on their tickets up to 24 hours before their flight departure. There is a $50 fee associated with name corrections and is applicable for flight tickets booked through Air Canada official website.
The airline has issued such policies to accommodate customers who may have legally changed their name since booking their flight ticket. To change your name on your flight ticket you can also contact Air Canada customer service and provide them with your new name and booking reference number.
Air Canada gives a generous amount of opportunities to passengers to correct errors when they are flying with them. Sometimes passengers may need to make corrections to their existing reservations like correcting or changing names. You can correct your name on Air Canada flight tickets which is for a small typo in the spelling to be amended but you cannot transfer your ticket to another name.
- There are plenty of ways to correct your names , you can either call the customer service, send an email to Air Canada or use their online live chat services. The airlines representative will guide you through the process of correcting your name and also provide you with additional travel information.
- If you prefer to make changes in person, feel free to visit the Air Canada helpdesk at the airport. Don’t forget to carry your travel documents to support the name change, you may carry a court certificate or court order. The ticket counter representative will assist you with the name correction and issue you a new ticket.
- If you have booked your flight ticket through Air Canada’s website you can log in to your travel account and click on “Manage Booking” option to request a name correction. Log in to your account, select the trip you want to modify and follow the on screen instructions to correct your name accordingly. You will be asked to present some documents as proof for your new name and pay the name change fee.
- To avoid extra charges make sure to correct your name 24 hours prior to your flight booking. Air Canada does not charge any fees for making changes to your reservations within 24 hours of booking your flight ticket.
Passengers are allowed to correct their names on Air Canada tickets on the following grounds:
Change of name due to:
- Legal Adoption
- Legal change of name
- Air Canada allows name correction free of cost if you make changes within its 24 hour risk free policy.
- You cannot make changes to the flight dates, destinations and time after booking your flight tickets.
- Air Canada allows passengers to make minor mistakes to their name
- You need to provide the following documents to support your name change-
- Marriage Certificate
- Legal adoption papers
- Divorce decree
- Valid court documentation
- Other supporting documents
- Old ticket where name correction is required
Air Canada charges CAD 100 for making corrections to their names however this is applicable for flights operating within Canada only. Passengers will be charged USD 50 for a flex ticket and USD 25 if they have purchased a comfort ticket.
If you are travelling with a passenger who needs special assistance Air Canada will waive of fees for making name corrections. To learn more about this feature you can contact Air Canada customer care by dialling the given number +1-888-772-1600
Related Page : Air Canada Cancellation Policy